Search This Blog

Pages

Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 1, 2012

Honest Review of the New COVERGIRL Blast Flip Stick Blendable Lip Duo

Oh boy, oh boy! I finally got to try the new Covergirl Blendable lip duo! I received three different shades to test from Bzzagent, along with a ton of coupons to share. 

The neatest thing about these lipsticks is that you get TWO colors in one...a creamy color on one end and a shimmery color on the other. With these two shades you can duplicate the current "ombre" trend at home, without going to a salon or makeup artist! I've never been a pro with such things myself, (think clown makeup) so having the colors that compliment each other already on one lipstick made it very simple to achieve the look I wanted. 

We'll start with Stunner #840. At first, I thought this was red, but after applying it realized it's got a lot more pink/orange in it. On the other end is a shimmery gold tone that I really like. This is one of those colors I never would have purchased for myself. I've always favored pinks or maroon because of my skin tone, but I really like this color. Since I took the photo, I have experimented with the creamy end, applying more layers so I got a darker shade and using just a hint of the shimmer. I tried the shimmer on its own and it gave me a nice, shiny lip-gloss look.


The second color I tried was Minx #855. Going into this review, this was my least favorite color and another shade I probably wouldn't have purchased on my own. It's a brownish bronze with a shimmery copper/gold on the other end. I was afraid I'd look washed out and very pale or boring. I was pleasantly surprised with the results after a few restarts. The first time I didn't have enough on and I had a more "goth" look then I intended. The second time, I added too much shimmer, but I got a much more appealing look on the third go round. I also really like the copper shimmer on it's own. It's what I consider to be one step up from a "natural", no color lip. Strangely enough, Minx was my husbands favorite lipstick out of all three. Go figure!  
    

The third and last duo was Vixen #820. This one was my favorite! It's burgundy on one end with a lovely soft, shimmery pearl pink on the other. I applied two layers of the burgundy with just a hint of the shimmer on my bottom lip. I loved the way it came out, so I didn't try a second time before taking a picture. I have since used this color by itself without the shimmer and the shimmer by itself and both of these looked amazing. 



There are a total of 13 expertly matched Flip Sticks that don't leave your lips feeling dry or greasy like other lipsticks can. The Covergirl Duos are priced at about $8.50 each, which may be too steep for some of you. However, when you consider that you can mix and match the different colors and make new colors, it's a lot more affordable. Coupons for Covergirl pop up all over the place and aren't usually hard to come by, often saving you $1.00 or more. 

My overall experience with the Flip Stick Duos has been very positive. I have used one or more of the shades daily since receiving them and have been experimenting with all nine shades to create new looks and different colors. I have been very pleased with the amount of wearable looks I have been able to come up with!! No make-up artist required!! 





1 comment:

  1. I'll look for a coupon for this great lipstick! The descriptions provided by this blogger are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete